This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working. The applicant has to get a non-immigrant visa at the Thai embassy in their home country/country of residence, and has to meet one of the financial requirements listed below:
- deposit an amount of THB 800,000 in a thai bank account. After 2 months you can get a letter from the bank to prove this.
- monthly income or pension of at least THB 65,000. An affidavit of monthly income must be obtained from your embassy or consulate in Thailand to prove this.
- combination of bank account and yearly income with a total of THB 800,000. To support this, updated bank book or letter from the bank, and letter from your embassy must be presented.
- At the end of the 90-day stay, the holder of this visa must report to the immigration officer in his or her residence area and report again every 90 days during his or her stay in Thailand.
- Those on retirement visa is not allowed to work or generate any form of income in Thailand
- You have to secure Re-entry permit if you will be traveling outside Thailand so your current Retirement visa will not be cancelled.
- Retirement visa is renewable every year and can be done by submitting the same sets of requirements the first time you have applied.
If you need more precise information on this type of visa , just contact us.