What is Traditional Thai Massage?
Thai Massage is an ancient healing art which dates back over 2500 years to the Time of Buddha. The founding father of Thai Massage was a doctor named Shivago Komarpaj who is said to have been the Buddha’s physician. Traditional Thai massage is really a deep, full-body treatment, starting at the feet and progressing up to the head. Thai Massage uses no oil or lotion. It is worked on a floor with the recipient dressed in something loose and comfortable .The recipient is positioned in different yoga-like positions throughout the course. Thai method uses mainly gentle point pressure on energy lines and yoga-like muscle stretching. And it is not just the hands that are used to free tension stored in the recipient’s body, but the feet and elbows are used as well.
The benefits of Thai Massage
Physical Benefits of Thai Massage
- Help detoxification of the body and boost immune system • Increase blood circulation, lower blood pressure • Good for muscle relaxation, increase flexibility in your muscles, increase mobility • Improve breathing • Improves posture, balance, corrects body alignments and dissolves energy blockages • Help arthritis and back pain, • Help tone the body, strengthen joints and fight diseases, including chronic joint problems • Slows the aging process
Mental Benefits of Thai Massage
- Improve your outlook towards life; builds an emotional balance • Help with concentration and creativity/ Mind and body concentration • Clear and calm your mind • Help you gain mental clarity
Psychological effects of Thai Massage
- Reduce and relieve stress and anxiety • Help people boost their inner energy levels • Develop discipline and self-control • Build internal power
C&M Traditional Thai Massage & Yoga Courses
Traditional Thai massage is one of the most famous massage techniques in the world. It creates the balance of the energy flow in the body. We will teach you how to take care of your body and mind. Starting with Thai yoga to warm up your body and relax your mind. Secondly , you will learn the most secrets techniques of Traditional Thai massage: wind gate points , energy lines , breathing , positions , mind control , balancing , direction , pressure , points , feeling , giving-receiving , concentration and practicing with an experienced teacher . Thank you so much for choosing us to be a part of your Koh Phangan memory. We offer massage classes on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The class starts at 9:00 and finishes at 12:00. Throughout the class you will learn about Thai Massage, Health Massage and Foot Massage. Each class starts with Thai Yoga.
Timetable & Price
Each class starts with Thai Yoga
|Thai Massage & Yoga||3200 B||11500 B||30000 B||Tuesdays , Thursdays and Saturdays||9:00-12:00|
After you successfully complete the course you will receive a course completion certificate. Completing the course means:
- attending at least 80% of the sessions
- getting a mark not less than 75 out of 100 in the exam
- If you enroll in more than one classes at the same time, you can get a 10% discount on the courses you have chosen.
Number of Students Discount Children aged 5 to 12 get a 50% discount on the course. 1-2 0% 3-4 5% 5-7 7% 8-10 10% 11-15 15% 16-20 20%